Government Update: July 15
Friday, July 14, 2006
- Commissioners voted to refund almost $10,000 to the city of Craig.
- Commissioners did not discuss changes to the Bureau of Land Management's grazing policies as they had originally planned. Commissioner Tom Gray said commissioners wanted to research the issue more and could bring it up again next week.
- Commissioners tabled discussion of two core services contracts for intensive family care.
- Commissioners received an update on Sherman Youth Camp from Glen Sherman and Diane Zeier. Sherman thanked former Moffat County Parks and Recreation Director Steve Grandbouche for his work on the youth camp.
- Commissioners approved a conditional use permit for Pioneer Resources. The natural gas company plans to build a compressor station near Moffat County Road 15.
- Commissioners approved a subdivision exemption for Kevin and Stephanie Harvey.
- Commissioners voted to allow the Moffat County Assessor's Office to protest the state's assessed value of 10 energy companies operating in Moffat County.
- Chief Deputy Clerk and Recorder Lila Herod announced the Colorado Secretary of State had awarded the Maybell Community Center an $11,350 grant for handicapped ramps. Commissioners awarded the project to Darwin Haskins, the only contractor who bid on it.
- 8 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
- Consent agenda
- 8:45 a.m. General discussion
- 9 a.m. Road and Bridge, Bill Mack
- 9:30 a.m. Craig Chamber of Commerce, Christina Currie
- 9:45 a.m. Parks and Recreation Tammy Seela
- 10 a.m. County Attorney Kathleen Taylor
- 11 a.m. Valerie Chavez
- 11:15 a.m. Human Resources, Lynnette Running
- 11:30 a.m. Social Services Marie Peer
- Lunch, Commissioners will have lunch at Casa Loya