Crafter sought for museum opening
Mary Walters is looking for a group of local crafters to lead. The group would make items by hand for demonstration and sale at an upcoming museum opening.
Walters said Lou Wyman, owner of Wyman Living History Ranch and Museum, east of Craig on U.S. Highway 40, approached her about getting crafters together for the grand opening celebration of the museum.
Walters said crafters likely would sit at the museum with crafts available for viewing and sale.
The date of the opening has not been set, though Walters said she expected it may be during the Moffat County Fair, which runs from Aug. 4 to 12.
Walters has organized a meeting for prospective group members at 7 p.m. July 19 at the Craig Fire Station, 419 Yampa Ave.
"This is going to turn into one of the largest things local crafters can do," Walters said.
For information or to volunteer, attend the meeting or call Walters at 824-2923.
Humane Society taking entries for calendar
The Humane Society of Moffat County is accepting entries for the 2007 PetMates Calendar contest through Friday. Twelve winning pets will be featured in the calendar.
Local veterinarians will choose the top 24 pets from all the entries. Pictures of the finalists will be displayed at the Moffat County Fair from Aug. 7 to 12. Community members will vote for the 12 winners by placing money in jars for their favorites.
Pet owners also may place their pet's birth or adoption date on a calendar square for $2 each, or add a memorial date to Rainbow Bridge page, also $2 for each listing.
The 12 Pet Mates selected will then be photographed by Craig Daily Press Editor Michelle Perry.
The rules for the contest are:
- Pet owners must submit photos of their pets by 5 p.m. Friday. Entries may be digital or high-quality prints. Digital files must be in .jpg format (at least 200 dpi and 6 inches wide). Prints may be no smaller than 4-by-6 inches and no larger than 5-by-7 inches. Digital pictures should be e-mailed to HSMC2007@yahoo.com. Prints should be mailed to P.O. Box 1587, Craig, CO 81626.
- Pictures must have been taken in the past year, and pets must be alive.
- No more than two entries per family.
- The contest is free and is not limited to cats and dogs, but should be an animal that lives in the home.
- Please include the pet's and owner's names, address, phone number and pet's age.
Calendars are expected to go on sale by Oct. 1.
For more information, call Sandy Feeney at 824-4360 or Patty Peters at 824-7945.
Fund established for Ingalls' medical bills
A fund has been set up for Tim Ingalls at First National Bank of the Rockies, 252 W. Jefferson Ave., Hayden, to help with medical bills and living expenses until he is well enough to return to work.