Workshops target cow producers
Colorado State University Cooperative Extension will conduct a series of educational workshops for cow/calf producers in Northwest Colorado. The workshops are from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday in Craig and Thursday in Meeker.
Topics covered will include:
- What cattle health issues are producers facing today?
- Is there a way to reduce fertilizer cost and maintain hay yield and quality?
- What is the latest on animal identification?
- How to minimize risk with increasing production cost.
Other topics at the workshops are increasing production and returns on pastures, cattle market outlook, beef cattle diseases, animal ID program, herd replacement, making smart management decisions and RightRisk. RightRisk is an innovative education program designed to help people learn about personal risk preferences and risk-management strategies.
A $40 per person registration includes lunch, snacks and all handout materials.
For more information and to register, contact one of the following extension offices: Routt County, 879-0825; Moffat County, 824-9180; or Rio Blanco County, 878-9490.
Application deadline for funding extended
The Moffat County Tourism Association will accept applications for event funding through March 31. Applications are available at the Craig Chamber of Commerce and should be returned to the chamber to the attention of the Moffat County Tourism Association. Only complete applications returned by the deadline will be accepted. Funding announcements will be made no later than April 28.
Girls Scouts setting up cookie sales booths
Craig Girl Scouts are in their annual cookie sales.
Scouts will set up cookie booths at the following locations:
- 3:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday: City Market.
- 3 to 7 p.m. Friday: City Market; Safeway from 3 to 6 p.m.
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 25: City Market and Safeway.
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 26: Kmart and van in the Safeway parking lot.
- 3:30 to 7 p.m. March 1: City Market.
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 4: City Market and downtown Craig; van in the Safeway parking lot.
Call Becky at 824-2624 for more information.
Bilingual health session tonight
Comunidad Integrada is hosting a health night at 6:30 p.m. today at Craig Middle School, 915 Yampa Ave.
The session will be in English and Spanish.
Representatives from the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association and chiropractor Linda Lewis will talk about preventative health techniques.