Craig City Council
The Craig City Council met at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Signed a letter to support House Bill No. 1093, authorizing an election to determine whether to extend the mill levy for Colorado Northwest Community College.
• Signed a letter of support to establish a surface and underground mining and power plant technology program at Colorado Northwest Community College.
• Approved a request to sole source the bid to backwash pond No. 1 cleaning at the water department for not more than $8,550. Anson Excavating will do the work.
• Considered updating the city's septic hauler use agreement to prohibit grease disposal and increase fees for dumping.
The Craig City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 28 in Council Chambers of Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
The Moffat County School District Board of Education meets at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 27 in the board room of the school administration building, 775 Yampa Ave.
Moffat County Commissioners
• Commissioners signed a farming lease extension for Jerry Thompson.
• Commissioners received the 2005 Social Services report.
• Commissioners awarded motor grader bids for the Road and Bridge Department.
• Commissioners entered an executive session with County Attorney Kathleen Taylor and Sheriff Buddy Grinstead to discuss paying legal fees from a case involving the Sheriff's Office. The commissioners did not make a decision regarding the fees.
• 8:30 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence and election of officers
• Consent agenda
- Approval of minutes
- Approval of payroll and accounts payable
- Sign emergency management grant
- Engagement letter with Sherman and Howard for Public Safety Center
- Sign memo of understanding for the Moffat County Tourism Association with the Craig Chamber Commerce
• 8:45 a.m. General discussion
• 9 a.m. Administration, Tinneal Gerber
- Discussion and possible termination of Jackson's Office Supply contract
• 9:30 a.m. Human resources, Jo Reed
- Personnel requisitions for Grounds and Building Department and Road and Bridge Department
• 9:45 a.m. Library, Donna Watkins
- Dinosaur property
• 10 a.m. Kandy Kropinak -- Colorado Northwestern Community College Board of Control
- Letter of support for mill levy extension
• 10:15 a.m. Break
• 11 a.m. Volunteer of the month Award, Ethal Jordan