Moffat County Board of County Commissioners
Last met: Tuesday, Dec. 12
- Entered into executive session to discuss legal questions on the Excavation Requirements Act.
- Approved social services contracts with Conflict Attorneys Leslie A. Goldstein and Sherman P. Romney.
- Approved a social service contract not to exceed $225 with Polygrapher Corey Schmidt.
- Approved pre-pregnancy family planning visits not to exceed $45,000 for the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurses Association.
- Approved a legal services memorandum of understanding to reimburse county for costs and service expenses incurred by social services.
- Approved a legal services agreement for Child Support Enforcement for social services.
- Recognized social services employees Catherine Bakos-Snowden and Margaret Kearney.
- Approved an exemption for O'Connor subdivision of 10 acres off a 35-acre parcel, noting objections of neighbors and stipulating this is a one-time exemption on this property.
- Approved a minor subdivision for Johnson Acres creating 4 lots out of an 88-acre parcel
- Approved a resolution and signed a quit-claim deed transferring a 4 x 230 foot piece of county property to the Maybell Women's Club for the Maybell Cemetery.
- Opened three bids for 2007 office supplies for the county.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 19
- 8:30 to 8:45 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
-- Consent agenda: approve Nov. 3 and Nov. 21 minutes, sign A/P resolution, sign certificate of eligibility to receive conservation trust funds, sign resolution for fairgrounds concession policy, sign resolution to designate 2007 observed holidays, sign resolution delegating Tom Gray to close on Dinosaur law enforcement housing, sign provider agency agreement with Maybell ambulance services.
- 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noticed on this agenda.
-- Discuss canceling/rescheduling Dec. 26 meeting due to Christmas holiday.
-- Safety meeting.
- 9 to 10 a.m. Discussion with administrator Tinneal Gerber on budget supplement and awarding a 2007 office supply bid.
- 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with T. Wright Dickinson on Brown's Park Wildlife Refuge.
- 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock of natural resources and Bill Mack of road and bridge on the consideration of signing an agreement with the Bureau of Land Management regarding County Road 66.
- 10:45 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Dan Davidson, director of the Museum of Northwest Colorado, on a mineral lease with Peterson Energy Operating.
- 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Gary Brannan of pest management regarding weed bounty presentation.
- 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack of road and bridge on signing a lease for a gravel pit and approving plowing.
- 11:30 to noon. Discussion with Jo Reed, of human resources on personnel requisition for the jail, social services merit system certification for 2007, letter to Pinnacol to cancel workers' compensation policy for social services and add them to Moffat County policy, BOCC approval of VALIC contact for retirement plan and restatement of the 457 plan.
- Noon. The commissioners will have lunch at Carelli's with the parks and recreation staff.
- 1:15 to 1:45 p.m. Discussion with Tom Soos of EMS council on EMS council report.