Moffat County Commissioners
Last met: Tuesday
- Commissioners voted to extend a sale agreement between the county and Steamboat Springs for a piece of property on the east side of Craig. The property will be used by Steamboat Transit for a park-and-ride bus terminal.
- Commissioners voted to oppose a bill in the state legislature that would let voters decide whether to make county commissioners responsible for setting the salary of county elected officials. Commissioners said the bill would put a strain on the relationship between commissioners and other elected officials. Setting elected officials' salary should remain the responsibility of the legislature, commissioners said.
- Commissioners approved personnel requisitions for housing, the cemetery and fairgrounds.
- Commissioners approved a policy for pre-trip inspections of county vehicles.
- Commissioners discussed the possible re-introduction of wolves into Rocky Mountain National Park. Commissioners oppose wolf re-introduction.
- Commissioners approved a storm water runoff report for the Craig-Moffat County Airport.
- Commissioners voted, 2-1, to allow budget analyst Tinneal Gerber and emergency manager Larry Dalton to discuss leasing space on the county's radio tower on Cedar Mountain to Amigo Net. Commissioner Darryl Steele voted against the motion after saying he would like to see Amigo Net lease property on its own.
Next meeting: Tuesday
- 8:30 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
- onsent Agenda
- Approval of minutes
- Sign A/P resolution
- Sign treasurer's monthly report
- Sign 2002 Department of Justice Domestic preparedness grant
- 8:45 a.m. General discussion
- 9 a.m. Road and Bridge, Bill Mack
- Award pick-up bids
- Monthly report
- 9:30 a.m. Social Services, Marie Peer
- Review March 14 minutes
- Review and sign IV-D (child support enforcement) conflict attorney contracts
- LEAP temporary part-time position has finished
- Early childhood councils
- Communities Overcoming Meth Abuse/Drug Endangered Children Agreement
- Child welfare estimated over expenditure
- Monthly reports.
- 10 a.m. Human Resources, Lynnette Running
- Personnel requisition for wastewater plant operator
- 9 Health Fair
- 10:30 a.m. Sheriff Buddy Grinstead
- Lunch Commissioners will have lunch at the Backwoods Diner
Craig City Council
Last met: March 28
- Approved renewal of liquor license for Wallie's, 410 Ranney St.
- Accepted public comments on effects of Water Treatment Plant improvements.
- Approved purchase of service body for a 2005 GMC pickup for the Parks and Recreation Department for $4,744.
- Ordinance amending Craig Municipal Code (title 8) enforcement of violations of code in regards to: garbage & refuse, weeds and brush, nuisances, alarm systems and utility poles.
Next meeting: Tuesday
- Special events permit for Veterans of Foreign Wars at Grand Olde West Days
- Liquor license for Applejacks, 690 W. Victory Way
- Ordinance amending Craig Municipal Code (title 8) health and safety
- 2006 paving projects
- Qualifications for contractors for Water Treatment Plant