Government update for Sept. 24
Friday, September 23, 2005
- Approved an agreement with GT Alliance to develop a new Web site for the Moffat County Assessor's Office. The agreement will cost $10,000, which will come out of the Assessor's budget.
- Approved contributing vacation days for county employees to a drawing for employees who donate to the United Way. Employees can win one, two or three vacation days.
- Waived the use fee for the fairgrounds for the Craig Chamber of Commerce Crab Fest, held every November.
- Waived the use fee for the fairgrounds pavilion for the Northwest Colorado Stewardship group. The group will use the facility regularly until February.
- Approved a service agreement between the Grounds and Building Department and American Linen.
- Voted to open Sherman Youth Camp for hunting this season. The site will be open for lease in the coming weeks.
- Amended a resolution from 1983 for the property and liability insurance bid process.
- Voted to close county facilities at 3 p.m. on Oct. 3 for a county employee meeting.
- Voted 2-1 for a mid-year fund change for the extension office. The money will be used for an intern to take care of 4-H activities. Commissioner Saed Tayyara voted against the fund change because the Extension Office did not get a personnel requisition before hiring the intern.
- Approved a personnel requisition for the Extension Office by a 2-1 vote, Tayyara voted against.
- Approved a contract between the county and Dushan Voyich for the sale of the Courthouse Annex.
- Approval of an off-street parking and landscape plan for an addition to Craig Chiropractic Clinic.
- Approval of an off-street parking and landscape plan for an addition to Deer Park Inn & Suites.
- Approval of a sketch plan for Wal-Mart Subdivision.
- Hold a public hearing to consider renewal of a conditional use permit for an antique store at 525 Colorado St., requested by Tonya Griffith.
- Hear an update on the Human Resources Council.
- Approve the purchase of GPS upgrade equipment.
- Approve a proclamation of October as Domestic Violence Awareness month.
- Consider approval of the final plat of Overlook Park, improvement agreement and acceptance of surety.
- Hear the August financial report.