To the Editor;
As Grand Olde West Days approach, I would like to remind everyone of protocol regarding our American Flag.
I have ridden in many parades in Craig, and it disappoints me to see how many people do not observe the symbol of our country.
Here are some reminders:
1. Flag should be on marching right.
2. If in line with other flags, the U.S. flag should be forward or center of that line.
3. Flags should never be dipped and never lower than any other flag.
4. On vehicles the flag's staff should be fixed firmly on chassis or right fender.
When flag passes, spectators should:
1. Stand at attention with right hand over heart
2. Uniform personnel should stand at attention and render military salute
3. People with hats should remove their hat with right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.
4. Aliens should stand at attention.