Comments

misterkindbuds 9 months, 2 weeks ago

What is to discuss? A republican-controlled council that believes in individual freedom, less government and claims to be pro-business should support any legal business. It may, however, be in direct competition with Tom Mathers' current legal drug business - peddling alcohol. That being the case, and having always been of the utmost character, I am sure Tom will abstain from voting on this issue. Thanks for doing the right thing, Tom.

lonelyone 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Since this is the City Council having the discussion over Amendment 64, Tom Mather's has nothing to do with it.

misterkindbuds 9 months, 2 weeks ago

That's true. I'm sure the county will step in at some point.

lonelyone 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I'm sure you're right. Sooner or later the county will have to get involved in this too.

Patrick Germond 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Misterkindbuds is right in his gerneral statement. Colorado voters made it clear how they feel on this. We'll have to make public laws like we have with alcohol though. We'll have to decide how much the non pot smokers want to look at it and to what extent we want our children exposed to it. I for one however am split somewhat on the issue. I think it's bad for society, but I do believe in freedom. People have a right to do as they please, as long as they don't impose their decisions on others. In the Bible it's called free agency, and its given to each man, by God. So we the people, Colorado, and the Federel government need to tread lightly on the values we impose on others. I think on the issue of drugs or alcohol we should let the chips fall where they may. No welfare or public housing or health care to anyone who smokes anything or puts any drugs or alcohol in their body. If they can fuction on their own, then leave them alone because its not the tax payers business. And you watch, people that smoke anything, will soon be denied health care, because its everyone's business now. Plus, the government will dial back benifits where it can pretty soon to save money. It always does.

Brian Kotowski 9 months, 2 weeks ago

If the voters green light recreational use, local approval remains at odds with federal law. The Obama Administration has made a lot of noise about going after those jurisdictions who issue a thumbs-up to recreational use. I'm not a user and don't really know where that stands. I'll just pop some corn and enjoy the show.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.