Comments

Colette Erickson 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Either way, Tom Mathers, the land DOES NOT belong to the Smith brothers. Yep, they use it as their own because they feel very entitled and folks are afraid of them. Bottom line - it IS NOT THEIRS. If you feel that "baling twine or manure" are of little consequence, then I guess you won't care if someone dumps some in your yard or the Mathers' Bar parking lot.

cory5611 9 months, 3 weeks ago

The Smith brothers have been doing this kind of stuff for a long time illegal hunting practices witch the get a slap on the wrist when they get busted for it the have posted public land privet and try and run people off the public lands and now it comes down to this dumping on public lands and diverting the water and then Tom Mathers says it depends on what they were dumping well Tom what if we showed up with dozers and started building pits on you land and start dumping there would it matter then I bet it would or if we Diverted all the water from your land to the public land does that matter then again I guess it does not bother you

jeff corriveau 9 months, 3 weeks ago

When will Tom Mathers learn to just keep his mouth shut? This doesn't even concern him nor Moffat County. Did he not learn anything from the last "FEW" times he shot his mouth off to the media. C'mon man!!!!

oawow 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Cory5611, Privet is hello in Russian. Why can't they post a hello sign on public land?

cory5611 9 months, 3 weeks ago

yea I seen I spelled private wrong my fault trying to type on a phone

Joanna Hatten 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Hey yamparob......why don't you back off your attack on ranchers. Just because these two idiots seem to think that they can do whatever they want doesn't mean all local ranchers behave that way. I have many friends that are farmers/ranchers and are probably the hardest working honest people I know......And they follow the rules. To lump them all into one category because of two jerks is idiotic. If you wanna bash the Smith brothers....whatever....but show a little respect for the others that are decent honest hardworking people. I assure you the Smiths DO NOT represent the values of all ranchers.

ruralmom 9 months, 3 weeks ago

I am a rancher and though I do not always agree with others, govt. or not, it comes down to the lack of respect for the land and the law. It is obvious these men are lacking in any type of morals and respect. This is a third case of a large ranching operation that has had their way for years. I would give the local BLM and DPW a bit of credit for just doing their jobs. I only wish it was a bigger deal of what the Smith's have done and damaged than who they are.

firstofthefallen 8 months, 3 weeks ago

It's really unfortunate that so many of these comments were deleted by the Daily Press. I read most of them before their removal and didn't find them to be offensive. I didn't necessarily agree with most of them but it sure is fun sometimes to read people bickering back and forth. When comments get removed it spoils the entertainment value. I know a lot of us come here for that.

David Moore 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Wow, what a housecleaning, never seen that much at one time, and, as would be typical, someone apparently got their wittle feewings huwt:( Awwwwww...... I agree with the above post, who comes here to actually talk serious? Well, once in a while I guess but entertainment, that's what it is all about.

Patrick Germond 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Yea, I called CDP tonight and I wasn't able to talk very long. I know why the other comments were taken down. They had name calling and threats in them, but I don't know why mine were taken down. I'll call and check tomorrow.

GreyStone 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Smith brothers Nobody needs to be afraid of these two , they are not Ranchers, they are sheep herders, less than real Ranchers that’s why they do and act the way they do….old history in Moffat County, no empathy for those around them.

Commissioner, Politician looking for handouts make ridiculous comments.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.