Comments

freethinker 1 year, 5 months ago

Absolutely. The founding fathers owned slaves and I sure could use a little help around the house. Bring it back. If they thought there was anything wrong with slavery, they'd have put it in the constitution.

ForThePeople 1 year, 5 months ago

"However, when comparing Wilson’s belief — and apparently the belief of many progressives today — versus the system our founding fathers gave us, we see it is the death of a republic." Where is the logic? Who is We? I'm guessing we means you and the illogical media you get brainwashed by. You are lucky to be living in a progressive state like Colorado. There are so many ridiculous laws being created in regressive state legislatures right now, I fear for the good of the people.

Jason Phillips 1 year, 5 months ago

What's next? An argument against education and enlightenment? Here's an idea - let's keep people like Matt Winey out instead of progressives who actually use their brains.

misterkindbuds 1 year, 5 months ago

I see the Craig Daily Mess won't allow free speech if it is anyway insulting to religious people. Matt Winey can refer to progressives as "bums", yet people who believe in superstition and nonsense are protected from any criticism?

I see this paper is still run by knee-jerk rookies who were most likely waiting tables a month ago.

Nice going, Daily Mess.

Brian Kotowski 1 year, 5 months ago

It's the progressives who insisted we had to pass the bill to see what's in it (so how've you spent the $2500 the Pres promised Obamacare was gonna save you? What happened to the 400k jobs Progressive Pelosi promised would be created “almost immediately” by its passage?) Centrist Obama blasted W's $4 trillion in debt as “unpatriotic” and “irresponsible”. Progressive Obama is printing $80 billion a month & makes W look like Ebeneezer Scrooge; and himself like the lying hypocrite he is. Centrist Obama railed against W's FISA court warantless wiretapping. Progressive Obama's warrantless dragnet of millions of Americans makes Bush/Cheney look like ACLU lawyers, and himself like the lying hypocrite he is. From the campaign trail, O promised his crew would be the most “open and transparent in history.” Our Progressive Pres has opposed more FOIA requests than any other administration ever has, and has prosecuted more whistleblowers than all other administrations combined; spotlighting his hypocrisy and pathological dishonesty. He ought to be ashamed, but that would require a level of integrity he does not possess. So continue to fawn after your progressive messiah, my lefty friends. It says more about you than you realize.

Iraq. WMDs. Medicare Part B. DJIA at 6,600.

Just who are you defending?

I think we found the lead sheep.

Can't see that I was "defending" anyone. Quite the opposite. No worries. Reading comprehension can be elusive for some.

citizensforgrowth 1 year, 5 months ago

Ok and replace them with what? We have ramped up production of domestic oil and the price of gas has gone up. What say you to that Mc cain? Remember drill baby drill was supposed to bring down the price...ha!! If McPailin were running things we would have troops in Egypt,Libya and Syria by now and would pay even less attention to whats going on in this country and the lives of our own people than the clown we have now. We need leadership that puts Americans first. Its frustrating to watch. Both sides are inept.

Just one question, baa baa Brian. Did you vote for Bush?

“I have often said that the use of a university is to make young gentlemen as unlike their fathers as possible.” ~ Woodrow Wilson, 1914

In that regard, the progressives have won a resounding victory. Modern academia is a fortress of leftist ideology, political correctness, and intellectual conformity – aspects of which have trickled down to primary education. A 5 year old girl is suspended for making a “terroristic threat” after merely talking about her Hello Kitty bubble gun. A Nebraska school orders a 3-yr old deaf boy to change how he signs his own name because the gestures appear “threatening.” All brought to you by the compassionate, progressive left.

mwiney55 1 year, 5 months ago

Well freethinker, I see you thinking has been taken over by progressive history, your comment that our founding fathers had slavery is true, BUT YOU HAVE BOUGHT INTO THE LIE that they were for it. It was a part of the times and the nation was founded under the majority of the states being free states, AND IF YOU WOULD READ THE WRITINGS OF THE founding fathers, (and yes those who had slaves you would see they wanted to get rid of it peacefully, this nation would have not formed if they would have fought over slavery at our founding.) But the hope of the founding fathers was that it would go away peacefully, but those who had progressive minds and did not believe our Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution fought for slavery and more Americans died to get rid of slavery than during any other war in American history. We were the nation that got rid of slavery the quickest in a nations own history, BECAUSE OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE AND THE CONSTITUTION. Not in spite of it as Woodrow Wilson and all the nutty progressives would have you progressive sheep believe. And this is not Anonymous but is Matt Winey

Baa Baa Brian K. supported George Bush. Matt Winey is a Sarah Palin backer. They believe in religion over education. That pretty much sums it up. They will never understand that the least-educated will always side with them. Mississippi is the most unhealthy state in the union, the poorest, and the most conservative. Craig is the Mississippi of Colorado. Matt and Baa baa, you both live in a bubble.

“Baa Baa Brian...” Goodness gracious me. I don't think I've been so thoroughly chastened since Ronnie Heffler called me a doody head in the 2nd grade. Which is actually unfair to Ronnie; he at least was willing to stand behind his 2nd grade spittle for everyone to see. As opposed to the anonymous among us... a less than impressive profile in courage. But cheer up, misterkindbuds – you have your whole life to live, and a 7 yr-old's level of integrity may yet be attainable for you.

Well in all fairness to Ronnie, you have proven to be a Republican sheep dressed in Libertarian clothes. Doo-doo head I can't prove, but Ronnie may have been onto something - and apparently was wise beyond his years. I'll let you go, I think Rush is starting and I don't want you to miss today's talking points. MKB

davidbowieonwheels 1 year, 5 months ago

Why does the Craig Daily Press publish this rubbish? I'd like to see less of these niche, narrow minded political posts. There is literally nothing productive about these types of threads. Come on CDP use some discretion.

Limbaugh's on? Thanks for the bulletin. I didn't know; interesting that you do. He appears to be living rent-free in your head.

fourteener 1 year, 5 months ago

hey ba ba bri bri - go thump your bible somewheres else. you godsquaders cant think for yourselvs an seperation fo church and state means you keep it to yourself.

sheepsheerer 1 year, 5 months ago

Mr. Matt Winey you are a great American and am proud to write on your behalf. FREETHINKER....This is why the Civil war happened...to abolish slavery because you liberal democrats would not give it up. Sheep? No. You Liberals are the sheep makers. You take our guns, right to work(unions), money through high taxes,right to hear the truth from the media and the list goes on. Our school systems are so messed up because of liberals and their absence of teaching American Patriotism and their lack of morals and not to mention the unions taking all the school money and wasting it on lavish vacations and other promiscuous adventures.It is not uncommon for female liberal teachers to have sexual relations with students because they have no morals as they do not believe in GOD. Their GOD is their government. What I don't understand Matt is when you ask a liberal what would you do if someone was breaking into your house? They never have an answer. Liberalism(I guess I should say progressivism) really got going through pop culture. I was a part of it and never realized until 5 or 6 years ago. Hugo Chavez from Venezuela was a liberal. He was very Charasmatic and this is what most liberals and low-information people elect their president from..Face value and emotions. Venezuela has the same problem we have; the media holds the truth and props the president up on a pillar. Hugo Chavez sweet talked everybody into giving up their guns and then his regime went into houses and pilfered, raped and beat citizens and the news never covered it.He also took all the revenues from oil, leaving the country broke. I do hope to GOD one day you Liberals will see the light. Stand up and be a proud individual! Do it yourself. You don't need Government doing it for you. Less Government and less taxes means more money for you and I!!!! AMEN

That shriek you heard was me being skewered by fourteener's rapier wit. I'd best be on my toes. Looks like the big guns have been deployed.

Emily Gilchrist 1 year, 5 months ago

"It is not uncommon for female liberal teachers to have sexual relations with students because they have no morals as they do not believe in GOD." -Sheepsheerer Are you kidding me??? As a liberal female teacher this comment makes me sick!! Sheepsheere, it is people with your level of stupidity and close mindedness that are the problem in this country!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.