Comments

Ray Cartwright 1 year, 2 months ago

Thanks to the County and City for all the work that they have put into this project. We Mountaineers need to get out and vote to accept this Local Improvement District.

lonelyone 1 year, 2 months ago

I am all for this project. However, I find it interesting that the cost to us keeps going up. First it was 4 thousand per household and 17.00 per month added onto our already higher water bills, then we get a letter in the mail that stated the cost would be 4,600 per household at 19.00 per month and now this article has it even higher. AND, the sewer portion of our water bill has already increased 3.00 a month and we were told that our rates wouldn't go up!!.......oh sorry, this rate hike doesn't count cuz the work hasn't been started yet, right? I do agree the work needs to be done, but the cost needs to stop going up or I am afraid the residents will vote it down.

honualoalo 1 year, 2 months ago

I am all for this project and the improvements made to Shadow Mountain. As a resident I know how horrible the water pressure is here, even worse are the streets and the general lack of continued maintenance in our subdivision.However, I agree with Lonelyone as where do the costs stop? With a strict budget and the extra $17.00 is pushing it but now we are up to almost an extra $20.00 a month. (It may not sound like a lot but it really is to those with little money) We need a capped amount before people will vote for it. Some sort of assurance that after this project we aren't going to be getting a bigger surprise than just more water pressure. Overall, improvement is desperately needed and with the recession residents dont have overflowing pocketbooks. So Yes, Fix the county's dumb move (after all the County did originally allow the lots to be subleased/bought and sold after the "Temporary" dwelling for the mine (we are paying for their poor planning)) and get it as a fully functioning part of Moffat County! More than the improved streets I may be more excited for the idea of washing my hands and running a load of laundry at the same time!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.