Comments

Vermillion 1 year, 6 months ago

Really, Commissioner Kinkaid it costs the taxpayers nothing? The insurance fund is provided but taxpayers money. TMH is the county hospital. We should support our hospital Instead of competing with them. Government creating another bureaucracy, which will grow and cost taxpayers more money. A bad decision for TMH, it's clinic, our doctors, and the taxpayers of Moffat County.

juju 1 year, 6 months ago

What about the costs involved in a facility, staffing, computers and software? Will medical care be provided by a physician or nurse practitioner? What is the commitment the commissioners are agreeing to? Where will such a clinic be housed? There was very little substance to this article concerning the actual costs involved. Rereading the commissioners meeting minutes for the last few months reveals no discussion about a special medical clinic for Moffat County Employees only as asserted by County Commissioner Tom Mathers. “It’s something we’ve been working on for months and months now.” In my opinion, there is very little transparency happening in this issue. For the county to undertake a start up business of this size, the taxpayers of Moffat County are due much more information.

ronalex 1 year, 6 months ago

sounds like omba care going into competition with its self

David Moore 1 year, 6 months ago

Something like obamacare will probably kill a program such as this, It is going to be hard enough for existing medical facilities and providers to survive anyway. A waste of our taxpayer dollars. I for one, a taxpayer, am not for this idea. The hospital is already owned by the county, why would you bring in something to compete with a county owned facility? It would be like road and bridge competing with the fairgrounds over plowing rights, it just does not make much sense.

jennysr38 1 year, 6 months ago

This is the absolute most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Are you kidding me Moffat County? Don't you have better things to spend your time and money on? You better be prepared Moffat County residents. It doesn't seem to matter what the tax paying voters want. As history proves, they do what they want anyway.

cory5611 1 year, 6 months ago

Thanks Mathers and Groub and Kinkaid for trying to pad your pockets more hey why don't we just open a Rehab to that way they can stay here for it next time oh wait that would take to much out of there funds the funds that we the taxpayers are forced to give them and they want more competition for the hospital the one we paid for how is that competition if only county employees can us it what maybe 200 people come on thats just like putting lipstick on a pig its still a pig

melonie barrett 1 year, 6 months ago

These men and women who work for the county gets paid very well,BOOOHOOOO,a stupid thirty five dollar copay and you the county is complaining about that.Most of your employees do not go to the doctor every month.Just another way to move that money around that is just not there.:)

davidbowieonwheels 1 year, 6 months ago

What Moffat county really needs I think, is a clinic for the clinic for the clinic for the clinic.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.