Comments

Jason Phillips 1 year, 9 months ago

Then they need to be voted out of office ASAP. Last I checked they don't get to make the rules.

jamcolo 1 year, 9 months ago

Hey , Sheriff's can I pick and chose what laws I want to follow too?

a_citizen_not_a_subject 1 year, 9 months ago

Sheriffs, thank you! I respect you for standing up and speaking out for what's right and representing the backbone of the country. You're doing great work, keep up the good fight.

btyjo77 1 year, 9 months ago

Jantz will continue to have my vote!!! Thanks for standing up for what is right.

firstofthefallen 1 year, 9 months ago

It is hard for me to understand why this is such an issue. Law enforcement practices discretion every day. When an offender gets pulled over for some sort of traffic violation it is often the officers discretion that determines whether the person is ticketed or given a warning. Roadside evaluations are the officers discretion as well. I myself have been given roadside tests after have a couple beers and the officer let me go because he determined I was not impaired although he knew I had been drinking. The same could be said for drug related offences as well. If a person were to have some small personal amount of an illegal substance, many times an officer may choose to warn the offender or confiscate the substance and send the person on their way.
I agree that our law enforcement officials should make the proper decisions when it comes to the new sales that would violate this law but as far as everyday citizens acting in a reasonable manner then I believe this is the right choice for our elected officials to make.

@firstofthefallen - Part of the reason its such an issue is that the Sheriffs have collectively decided to make this a PR political effort. If they were merely practicing discretion that would be one thing - but they are taking a political stance and grandstanding. It's offensive and outside the scope of their roles. They ought to be impeached.

btyjo77 1 year, 9 months ago

Seriously Buff.... Impeached? Save that for the president

The difference is that the president is operating within the parameters of his office, and the Sheriffs are not. Even if we were talking about a different issue than gun control entirely, it's the principle of picking and choosing which laws to enforce that I have a problem with. That's not how our society was built, and that's certainly not what they were elected to do.

jeff corriveau 1 year, 9 months ago

buff bronc fan you must have landed on your head when you got bucked off! "operating within the parameters ofhis office"? Do you think ordering ICE NOT to enforce immigration laws AND allowing ATF to walk illegal guns across the border is "within the parameters of his office"????? That's just two examples of the extreme indifference Obama has shown for the rule of law and the Constitution. Care to carry this out any further or do you just want to surrender now?

GreyStone 1 year, 9 months ago

These politicians have no knowledge of what firearms are, the functionality of specific firearms or the accessories related to any firearm. How can they be qualified to create legislation regulating firearms? They are, in fact, only legislators groping around in the dark.

My five year old son knows more about firearms than these politicians.

jamcolo 1 year, 9 months ago

Greystone remember this the next time anti female bills or anti science bill come through. Politicians know science even less then guns.

Militaryfam09 1 year, 8 months ago

From what I have learned from my military time is that the sheriffs are there to enforce the constitution. Banding guns will take away your right to bare arms handed down to us by our founding fathers. I support the sheriffs in their decision.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.