Comments

TSnyder 1 year, 10 months ago

Patrick, LOVE your energy and enthusiasm for improving education in Moffat County. This coming November, there will be, I believe, 5 positions up on the school board election. Maybe you can spread your enthusiasm and get more people interested in serving on the board. When I initially ran for the school board in 2003, there were 3 seats available for election and mine was the only contested seat. Four years later when I ran again, NO contested seats. I was term limited in 2011 with 4 seats up for election. I believe Tony St. Johns district was contested but 2 were not and one district did not even have a candidate so a board member had to be appointed. My point is that boards are supposed to represent the community in which they serve BUT If the community members do NOT participate, it is difficult, to say the least. I can honestly say to you that for the 8 years I served on the Board of Education, there was never a decision made without asking the question, "what is best for our students." Thanks again for your thought provoking editorials and comments.

George Robertson 1 year, 10 months ago

Boy he can sure rattle like a bean in a cup can't he!

George Robertson 1 year, 10 months ago

LOL No the guy who calls himself nimrod just let you burn yourself on that one.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.