Comments

oldman1 1 year, 8 months ago

not too sure how I feel about this. It has the good and bad in it. Are the parents ready to be responsible if something happens to thier child? Then on the flip side, thier kids are 18 or older and do it anyway. Is this the 'if you can't beat them , join them' law? Is the 'drink' really that important?

selket42 1 year, 8 months ago

Oh great! Another attempt to skirt the law. The legal drinking age is still 21 in this state. Are we gonna let 14 year olds drive as long as mom or dad are in the car with them too. Are resturants and servers going to have to ask for a birth certificate now to verify the kid is actually with their parents? How about we let the law stand, and the kid can wait until she is 21 to have a cocktail at dinner. Make her a Shirley Temple instead, then she can have a "drink" with mommy and daddy.

oldman1 1 year, 8 months ago

I agree with that! We all know parents are buying alcohol for underage kids already. I would rather see a law enforced about that. Kids can only be kids for 18 years. Adult life is hard. I say let the kids be kids while they can. They will be adults soon enough. They also need boundries set as children so they can survive as an adult. This is not a boundry, its letting the kids have what they want without thinking of the aftermath.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.