Comments

greenie52 1 year, 7 months ago

You don't mess with the Craig Mafia, its just lucky for Oxley that she is Mather's daughter.

Tammy Showalter 1 year, 7 months ago

I think everyone should read and hear all minutes before posting their opinions as fact.

Jason Phillips 1 year, 7 months ago

Small town politics at work - just remove the opinion(s) you don't agree with. Tom Gray is a disgrace. Mathers wouldn't be fit for office in any town besides Craig.

reasonableexpectations 1 year, 7 months ago

If my boss said do something and I said do it yourself, I'd be out of a job. Why do these people think they should be different? The daily press editor/publisher stays out of news decisions? That's funny. He makes the news, he doesn't just observe it. Read the stories where he's the only or main source. That's not biased? I'm sure a writer would be out of a job if they wrote anything but his side.

LeonaH 1 year, 7 months ago

@ reasonableexpectations: As an employer, I have never fired anyone who didn't do what I told them to do as long as they gave me a legitimate reason for their actions. If that reasoning included a concern about the ethics involved (which was the case here), I would certainly look into the validity of that claim. The Commissioners have singled out those who have been the most vocal. Remember, though, the commissioners are not really employers in the same sense of a private business. They are EMPLOYEES of the people of Moffat County, and the Boards are comprised of Volunteer citizens who want to see ALL of Moffat County grow.

Taxpayer 1 year, 7 months ago

Just think of the numbers that would have been at the meeting if it was at night --- could have probably used the Fairgrounds, so we could easily muck it out later from all the BS from a couple of County Commissioners -- I would hope that the new Commissioners rethink what was done, and overturn it. Also, we should all review the dishonesty, lack of integrity, and failure to perform their elected employee status in a satisfactory manner and decide what actions must be taken. As their Bosses, appears we need to give them a review of their performance. WE also need to raise our level of expectations, and stop using the phrase “it’s only Moffat County, you can’t expect too much”. What a sham!

boy101 1 year, 7 months ago

Have you ever wondered why Bryce is in the middle of so many problem boards in this community? I am beginning to think that he creates these confrontations so maybe his reporters will have something to write about and maybe sell more newspapers. No one could be so dumb. Next his lap dog, Al Cashion, will be writing about MCTA as he was our teachers. Now I like to criticize the actions of the commissioners like the rest of you, but maybe this needed to happen.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.