Comments

Coloradogurl4lyfe 1 year, 4 months ago

Stay strong<3 thoughts and prayers to your family!

oljw00 1 year, 4 months ago

RE: Coloradogurl4lyfe I would assume you mean your thoughts and prayers are with the family who has to bury their kin....who was stabbed to death at 43.

But we both know you don't.

I have no disrespect for the dead. But the Fiefs are also going through a hard time. I also have no sympathy for cheaters. I'm not saying it was okay for Lee to do that but it was the other twos fault too. Yes I pray for the family of Shane, but I didn't know him. I knew Lee really well and I respect him and feel for his family. His sons included. Where is all of the sympathy for the thousands that die every day in other countries? They don't get any recognition whatsoever. Lee was protecting his wife. Anyone who knew their family would know that he would give Rose the world if he could. He loved his family so very much. He is getting his fair share of punishment so just leave it alone. Yes my prayers go to the Fief family also and I don't feel guilty about it. Actually my prayers and thoughts can go to whoever I want them to. But I also pray that The Lord helps Shane's family through this horrible grieving they have ahead of them.

Lee made a conscious choice to (allegedly) commit murder - most likely in a premeditated fashion whereby he took the time to hunt down and literally stab a man to death....

And while none of us is perfect, to try and equate cheating (which ISN'T exactly what was going on here and you know it) with a capital crime of this magnitude is laughably callous and completely misdirected animosity.

I'm sorry to inform you of the facts but roughly half of all marriages fail.....and that is what was happening here. She made a conscious decision to NOT be with Lee but to be with Shane and they were quite open about it publicly.

What you have here is a case where a man refused to accept that his wife wanted to end their marriage and decided to mortally punish the other man out of rage....and in a premeditated manner. Lee was protecting his wife, he just couldn't accept the fact Rose didn't want to be with him.

And as a result of his actions, being he loved his family so gosh darn much, Lee will get to spend the rest of his life locked away in a tiny cell (if he's lucky) in Canyon City hundreds of miles away not being able to be part of their lives save for an occasional visit from behind three inches of glass talking on a phone. Furthermore, he also took someone else's life away from his friends and family forever.

Yeah, what a swell family man.

Excuse me... I meant to say he "wasn't" protecting his wife...

To try and make the point he was is pathetic at best.

Hey Coloradogurl4lyfe...

When calling someone "rediculously stupid" you might consider spelling 'ridiculously' correctly or you risk exposing yourself as suffering from a diminished intellect.

But by all means...keep up the good work of diminishing yourself one post at a time.

(I notice how you didn't other refute ANY of my assertions)...

NEXT!

bpicanco 1 year, 4 months ago

This is so sad. I feel bad for both families. One women's stupidity lead to one man being murdered and the other one in prison possibly for the rest of his life.

@bpicanco I totally agree with you! @oljw00 Who was there at his son Kody's basketball games? Leroy was. Every single one of them. Maybe you should think before you judge!

@Coloradogurl4lyfe

I agree Leroy was there for Kody and all his sports.

Choosing NOT to be with someone doesn't make them stupid. It simply means she decided to be with someone else and last I checked we all have the right to make that decision.

Choosing to murder someone out of anger because you weren't the one chosen does.

And BTW....It's great he went to all of his son's BB games. But Lee's SELFISH and FELONIOUS actions on this faithful night will remove him from the rest of Kody's life COMPLETELY. Seems to me that kind of over-rides having attended a few sporting events.

Oh, and let us not forget Shane has also been removed from his family as well - albeit Shane's situation is a wee bit more permanent.

trout2k 1 year, 4 months ago

Those who pose their judgements one way or another, for or against any of those involved, Get your egos full of judgment and scapegoating. At the end of the day, people are suffering and this has become a spectacle of a whole lot of suffering. Feast yourselves until you're sick with it. Realize you're doing so at the expense of others suffering. Enjoy.

@oljw00

Your right we do have the right to make the decision. She could of left him she decided not and go behind his back.and see someone else. Her decisions cost the life of one and left another in prison and two innocent boys without a father. Don't forget Shane was not innocent in this either. I'm sorry for Shane's families lost but he made a bad decision and messed around with a married women.So Leroy was not the only one who made a selfish decision. Two other people made selfish decision's. Just saying..

yaho 1 year, 4 months ago

I don't think he has been found guilty yet has he?? He did not go looking for this , I believe it may have been self defense?? He was not a bar fly, unlike the other. Shane should have treated her better. Horrible for all involved.

It wasn't just Kody who was left without a father. His oldest son was left as well. It's a shame how you can have a dad one minute and then not have one the next.

YAHO: Shane wasn't at Mathers.. He was at an apt next door WITH Rose...this just went down in the shared parking lot. But thanks for trying to paint him as a barfly. And self-defense is gonna be a hard one to prove when you are waiting for someone in a car to come out of said apt.

Coloradogurl4lyfe:

And whose decision was that?

Marilynn Hill 1 year, 4 months ago

As the stomach turns. Typical Craig mentality, can't resolve our personal demons by talking with each other and counseling, so we go looking for a fight because pride, ego and anger take over. Good kid, working to take his life in a great direction; he has classes with my daughter and she speaks highly of him, but poor decisions by ALL the adults involved, ALL by the way are suppose to be setting an example for our young people...who loses once again, the children.

eieiolrighty 1 year, 4 months ago

I guess what I don't understand is, Rose was STILL MARRIED to Leroy. Rose was still living in THEIR house.. Leroy was rubbing Rose's neck at the basketball game on Saturday...If she was dating another man and wasn't with Leroy anymore, why did she allow him to stand there and rub her neck, why was she still in the house with Leroy and at the same time with Shane in his home? Would this not confuse anyone!! You have no idea what this woman was telling her HUSBAND and her BOYFRIEND...you only know what she was telling you. Do you not see anything wrong with this picture, HUSBAND and BOYFRIEND, MARRIED and DATING??? You think you know what you would have done in this situation. You cannot judge another by what they have done. Humans can only take so much and then they break. Adultery should be illegal, just for this reason. NOBODY WINS!!! Some people do take their vows seriously, till death do us part. Some people love unconditionally.

I, myself, do not understand why any one person would put themselves through this much pain for another...Love, it does such strange things. I pray to God that someday Rose realizes how much Leroy loved her. Leroy will be judged! Thank God! Who will win in this case....? I pray that God watches over Kyle and Kody and gives them peace one day. I pray that God gives Kyle and Kody the strength to forgive their mother and father.
I pray that someday I can understand all this. Never in my dreams would I have ever seen this coming. My prayers go out to both families!!

btyjo77 1 year, 4 months ago

As a community let's focus on the boys! They will need all the love and support they can get. Please think of them when you post ugly comments ...

violetkaye 1 year, 4 months ago

I'm not going to pretend to know what exactly is going on here, but I'm gonna go with the "facts" published in the paper, such as a confession of either true or false facts, and believe that this is just a giant tragedy. It's heartbreaking, and I pray for all families and individuals involved. I can't even begin to fathom what they're going through. And at such a family-oriented time of year. A true shame. Many would like to pass judgement, but that is wrong. How many of you are perfect? I'd be willing to bet my life not a single one. Before you cast out your judgements, look at your own hands first. Are they really clean enough to be pointing fingers with?

causeIcan 1 year, 4 months ago

@violetkaye

I could not agree more.

For the rest of you whom must hate:

Why hate on Shane? You cannot really make his situation any worse, why try? Tarnishing his name cannot harm him. The only reason to hate on him is to hurt others.

Why hate on Leroy? Can you imagine a worse living fate? Loosing family, freedom and being branded a killer? The only reason to hate on him is to hurt others.

Why hate on Rose? She has lost two men whom she cared for, has been branded by the judgemental a cheater/whore/adultress and has a child to raise through and after all of this. Do you hate on her to hurt her or some other person?

Have you ever thought of how your words and thoughtless statements harm those around you? Your bickering, your theorizing? What if LEROY's SON READ WHAT YOU WRITE? Hmmm?? OR SHANE'S BROTHER? Do you even think of that? Or is it your hope that they will?

Collectively many of you seem to be the petty, small, mean-minded, UNHAPPY sods with little social life or skills that make this wonderful community such a little paintin' place. Grind the meat, stir the pot....oh, never mind the blood..........

trout2k 1 year, 4 months ago

Causeican thank you for posting this. Your words mean a lot. Please daily press and people of this community, think of the ethics behind free speech. We can say what we want, but what we say effects the many youths that read the press and it effects the families associated with this tragic event.

Jason Phillips 1 year, 4 months ago

Many of the comments here are borderline disturbing.

Coloradogurl4lyfe said "I have no sympathy for cheaters," as she tried to justify a premeditated murder. What planet are you from?

I understand that good people can make bad mistakes... But this goes way beyond a mistake. It takes a certain level of evil and hate to stab a person.

momma_mia 1 year, 4 months ago

causeIcan thank you so much! You are 100% right. This all just makes me sick and the justification by some makes me sicker!

I acquiesce this is horrible for Leroy and his family, But Shane lost his life, and the decision to end it was Leroy's alone.

I am quite certain he regrets it now.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.