Comments

Coloradogurl4lyfe 1 year, 10 months ago

My greatest condolences go out to the Fief family. Love you all and we are always here for you.

momma_mia 1 year, 10 months ago

My thoughts and prayers are with all of Shanes family and friends. What a terrible tragedy! May God be with you in your time of mourning and healing! He was a great friend to all that knew him!

EricRDay 1 year, 10 months ago

My thoughts and prayers go out Arrendondo Family and also the Feif Family! Its not easy to be non judge mental in a situation like this but what is done is done! Their are some circumstances on both sides about what should and shouldn't have been done! I pray for both!

Becky Plummer 1 year, 10 months ago

Please people of Craig , let's not pass judgement on something none of us but the few involved have full knowledge of what truely happened or why it happened. Under no circumstances should a person take anothers life, there is always another way to handle a situation. There are untold number of lifes that have been affected by this sad turn of events, can't we just stand behind them ALL and show them our support because they will all need us to help them through this in one way or another.

oljw00 1 year, 10 months ago

Reading the lions share of these comments attempting to validate and/or excuse capital murder boggles the mind.

Not to mention the attempt above to taint the jury pool by explaining that Leroy (if found guilty) was justified in stabbing someone to death.

I'm sorry but there is NO excuse for mortal violence save for protecting yourself while actively being attacked or protecting yourself from a home intruder as per the law. But this situation meets neither of the two situations above and as this situation has been going on for quite some time we are actually talking about the potential for pre-meditation of the act which indeed changes the entire landscape of events...and. therefore the outcome

But to try and make the case this guy had the RIGHT to slay another man over issues related to an ongoing domestic issue (that involved the woman involved who had CHOSE to be with Shane and had been public about said decision for MONTHS) is sickening and anyone trying to justify a pre-meditated attack that resulted in the loss of life is a sad and pathetic individual.

melonie barrett 1 year, 10 months ago

In court there is no golden rule....patrick....whats done is done and its called premeditated murder,,????

Look Patrick....

Marriages fail...roughly half. And that is what was going on here. And NOT because of Shane. Was he involved? Yes.... But this "Golden Rule" of which you speak is a load of garbage.

The mitigating circumstances of Lee hunting Shane down virtually guarantee the premeditation angle that will ensure the charges will be Murder 1. And much like Colorado is a no fault state when it come to the dissolution of marriage the fact Rose had chose to leave Lee and be with Shane will have ZERO bearing on the case.

His only hope to avoid the death penalty will be to plead guilty. But the best he will get is Murder 2 with no possibility of parole EVER.

Game over for him. He will die in prison.

FACT

Rose and Shane have been seeing each other PUBLICLY since this last summer. Lee knew full well she was leaving him for Shane and went there LOOKING for revenge...in effect, they were DATING....not cheating.

I am not pre-judging the case but from what I know Lee went after Shane purposefully.

Call it what you will - but I call it MURDER.

I'm sorry - but I can't seem to find a single case where this so called "golden rule" has been successfully applied in a court of law. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

momma_mia 1 year, 10 months ago

EVERYTHING YOU DO IS BASED ON THE CHOICES YOU MAKE. IT'S NOT YOUR PARENTS, YOUR PAST RELATIONSHIPS, YOUR JOB, THE ECONOMY, THE WEATHER, AN ARGUMENT OR YOUR AGE THAT IS TO BLAME. YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY DECISION AND CHOICE YOU MAKE!!! PERIOD!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.