Comments

Coloradogurl4lyfe 1 year, 4 months ago

My greatest condolences go out to the Fief family. Love you all and we are always here for you.

momma_mia 1 year, 4 months ago

My thoughts and prayers are with all of Shanes family and friends. What a terrible tragedy! May God be with you in your time of mourning and healing! He was a great friend to all that knew him!

EricRDay 1 year, 4 months ago

My thoughts and prayers go out Arrendondo Family and also the Feif Family! Its not easy to be non judge mental in a situation like this but what is done is done! Their are some circumstances on both sides about what should and shouldn't have been done! I pray for both!

Patrick Germond 1 year, 4 months ago

Eric, I think that's the best way to put it. This is why adultery was a capital crime in ancient Israel. Because the wheels can really come off in a society if it becomes acceptable. I don't agree with what Lee did at all, but I also understand how it may have drove him crazy. I've talked to two friends that have said they would have probably done the same thing. Meaning its understauble that a man who really loves his wife might lose it if she is being taken away. After all, do we not join armies and fight for our country and family? And are we not fighting and killing for our family, meaning wife and children? Again, no way was this acceptable behavior. But it was understandable behavior. If we as a people would just follow the guide lines that God has set out we wouldn't have this. I would like to also offer my condolences to Shane's family. I am sorry for your lose and have prayed that the Lord will have mercy on his soul. I also pray that he will comfort you in your time of grief. As a community, we will all loose in this one.

Becky Plummer 1 year, 4 months ago

Please people of Craig , let's not pass judgement on something none of us but the few involved have full knowledge of what truely happened or why it happened. Under no circumstances should a person take anothers life, there is always another way to handle a situation. There are untold number of lifes that have been affected by this sad turn of events, can't we just stand behind them ALL and show them our support because they will all need us to help them through this in one way or another.

metoo, I like the idea of not judging. We are even commanded to not judge. We are also commanded to forgive all. Unfortunately we are going to judge. We, as a community are going to probably be called upon to provide a jury. That's the place something like this puts everybody in. Also, we need to make some judgements to figure out what lessons we can learn from it. One obvious lesson is when a husband of over twenty years is losing his wife and there is a third party involved there is a very high likely hood that things may get violent. Including and up to death. In fact violence in cases like this is common. Not abnormal at all. Taking it to this level is rare, but we don't know the circumstances of the moments leading up to it and it may make more sense as time goes on. Adultery in over half the world still carries the death penalty. That's because it causes destruction all around. We however punish the one who was faithful and who asked for none of this, in our justice system. I'm not saying that violence is acceptable, no way, but it is likely. It's a horrible out come! But Lee is not the only guilty person in this. He is a heck of a good man, and this thing broke him. So my point is this, remember the Golden Rule. When those who are called upon to be juniors have to decide this they need to ask themselves how they would want to be judge if it were them being charged with murder one for killing the person their spouse was having an affair with.

oljw00 1 year, 4 months ago

Reading the lions share of these comments attempting to validate and/or excuse capital murder boggles the mind.

Not to mention the attempt above to taint the jury pool by explaining that Leroy (if found guilty) was justified in stabbing someone to death.

I'm sorry but there is NO excuse for mortal violence save for protecting yourself while actively being attacked or protecting yourself from a home intruder as per the law. But this situation meets neither of the two situations above and as this situation has been going on for quite some time we are actually talking about the potential for pre-meditation of the act which indeed changes the entire landscape of events...and. therefore the outcome

But to try and make the case this guy had the RIGHT to slay another man over issues related to an ongoing domestic issue (that involved the woman involved who had CHOSE to be with Shane and had been public about said decision for MONTHS) is sickening and anyone trying to justify a pre-meditated attack that resulted in the loss of life is a sad and pathetic individual.

melonie barrett 1 year, 4 months ago

In court there is no golden rule....patrick....whats done is done and its called premeditated murder,,????

I said very clearly that it was unacceptable behavior. And that adultery causing death is abnormal. You both sound like your in the legal system so I'll speak frankly. You both know that getting twelve people to see it your way and not one seeing it as something other than first degree murder is going to be hell. I'm not trying to taint anything. You know full well that some people do live their lives by the Golden Rule. That they will judge the way they seem to be fair. That that comes into play a lot. Whether or not the people on the jury would feel safe living next to him will matter a lot too. Ill tell you what, that matters to me. Further more, if I was on that jury I would see to it that justice was done. Believe it or not I would see to it Shane was represented in that room, but probably not the prosecution. I would see to it that the community was also represented. Killing somebody over emotion is a whole different ball game than say something like self defense. And Lee is going to have to answer for what he did. That may not however be murder one. We'll have to see what the moments were leading up to it. Because, it maybe murder one. We'll have to see. Rest assured though if he is deserving of murder one, I too will support that verdict. I just will not be told to do so by someone else.

Look Patrick....

Marriages fail...roughly half. And that is what was going on here. And NOT because of Shane. Was he involved? Yes.... But this "Golden Rule" of which you speak is a load of garbage.

The mitigating circumstances of Lee hunting Shane down virtually guarantee the premeditation angle that will ensure the charges will be Murder 1. And much like Colorado is a no fault state when it come to the dissolution of marriage the fact Rose had chose to leave Lee and be with Shane will have ZERO bearing on the case.

His only hope to avoid the death penalty will be to plead guilty. But the best he will get is Murder 2 with no possibility of parole EVER.

Game over for him. He will die in prison.

FACT

I think your probably right about most of that. We'll have to see what the details are from that night in order to make a determination on the premeditation. Just because a husband follows his wife to see what she is doing doesn't mean that he set out to kill someone. Shane could have said something's or did something that led to Lee, there on the spot, to attack and kill him. While that would still be very very wrong, it wouldn't be premeditated. Are you prejudging this case without having the details? If that's the case I would advise you to wait and listen. Sometimes prosecutors will over charge a person to put themselves in a good place for a plea deal. All I am saying is the facts need to be looked at. All the facts. Not just the ones in the paper. Not just the ones on here. Lee still has his side of the story to tell. I think you are assuming that I want Lee to go free regardless of his guilt or innocence. If you are you are wrong. I want justice to be done. If you are more into the linch mob thing then I don't think we have anything more to talk about.

I'm not with you on the hunting him down thing. Not yet anyway.

Rose and Shane have been seeing each other PUBLICLY since this last summer. Lee knew full well she was leaving him for Shane and went there LOOKING for revenge...in effect, they were DATING....not cheating.

I am not pre-judging the case but from what I know Lee went after Shane purposefully.

Call it what you will - but I call it MURDER.

The golden rule principle works like this. People will look inward to themselves and determine wether or not that Lee acted like an animal, or a man who lost control, depending on the circumstances. Judging by what they would have done in his place. That's how judgements are made. I suspect many will not be able to identify with Lees actions. Which is fine and is part of the process. And in fact is even very good. But others may in some ways understand why Lee did what he did. While not ever excusing it, but understanding it. They too will be in that jury room. I understand what you are talking about though. Your saying the jury should judge only on wether or not fact "A" happened and if it did then the verdict should be "B". In other words, they shouldn't take into account any emotions or any mitigating circumstances. I don't think that that is reasonable to ask people to do. It only serves the letter of the law and not justice. I also know that is why judges and prosecutors cuss juries so much. Because people do consider everything in front of them. I want justice and safety for my community. Nothing more or less.

I'm sorry - but I can't seem to find a single case where this so called "golden rule" has been successfully applied in a court of law. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

momma_mia 1 year, 4 months ago

EVERYTHING YOU DO IS BASED ON THE CHOICES YOU MAKE. IT'S NOT YOUR PARENTS, YOUR PAST RELATIONSHIPS, YOUR JOB, THE ECONOMY, THE WEATHER, AN ARGUMENT OR YOUR AGE THAT IS TO BLAME. YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY DECISION AND CHOICE YOU MAKE!!! PERIOD!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.