Reader comments

On John Williams: Impeach Obama

Comments

caseykilpatrick 1 year, 4 months ago

Hi John,

With all due respect, your article is full of hypocritical hate spewing from someone who cannot take his own advice. Let me just take a moment and dismantle your ridiculously vehement rage with a little bit of "research" and reason.

First, in your opening paragraph, you say, "As things went in Jonestown, South Africa." The problem with this statement is the utter negligence you pay to any sort of history or geography. A quick Internet search would provide with with a bevy of sites explaining the Jim Jones "revolutionary suicide" occurred in Guyana, a country in South America. What this shows is from the beginning of your article, you've already "impeached" your own credibility.

In your next paragraph, you preach the values of doing a little research in order to "get the facts." Unfortunately, you've provided any factual evidence of your own. Furthermore, you've given us zero sources of any repute. How can you demand others do their research before you conduct some of your own.

As proof of this fact, I've actually done a little research into the main gripe of your article: gun control. First, I suppose you will probably be the first to note that President Obama mentioned gun control just once during the election season, and that reference came during a debate with Governor Romney. Based on his limited attention given to the topic, how can you claim your gun ownership rights are in immediate peril?

Now, your counterargument will probably come from some completely biased source (FOX News, The Examiner, Rightwingnews.com), and that argument will make some sort of audacious claim how gun control was "very much on his agenda...but under the radar" (Brown para. 5). Of course gun control is under the radar! It simply is a non-issue to President Obama as evidenced by the fact gun sales have soared over the past four years. According to Burke E. Strunsky, a deputy district attorney from Riverside, California, "Despite the panic of gun rights activists after the 2008 election of President Obama and the prediction by the NRA that Obama would be the "most anti-gun president in American history," gun sales in the US have thrived in the last four years. In fact, the gun business has been so lucrative that some handgun manufacturers have stopped taking orders for periods of time as demand outpaces production and background checks, considered a reliable barometer of sales, have never been higher" (Strunksy para. 1). How do explain this researched fact?

caseykilpatrick 1 year, 4 months ago

Moreover, your asinine argument regarding the ATT treaty makes absolutely no sense. Have you even researched the ATT treaty as it relates to the Obama administration? Conducting a quick Google News search will provide you with limited articles concerning that subject, and most of them maintain a heavy right-wing sentiment. If you were to actually read anything about the treaty, you would come to understand that it deals primarily with the exporting of firearms and other weaponry. While this could potentially damage a small segment of our economy, the bottom line is that it has zero impact on the domestic market, and even more diminutive impact on your gun ownership. Furthermore, should the United States really fly in the face of every other country in the UN? According to Dave Workman from The Examiner (a conservative source), "Today’s decision to rekindle ATT talks puts the United States in bed with China, France, Germany, the United Kingdom and more than 150 other countries. Eighteen nations abstained from voting on the measure, but there was no opposition" (Workman para. 9). If every other country either consented or abstained to simply reopen talks on the treaty, why should the United States be any different?

Finally, when you claim people have died because of President Obama's integrity, I think you forget that it was actually President George W. Bush who got the United States into the war in the Middle East. Now, I'm not so naive to believe the President Obama isn't responsible for some deaths as our valued soldiers kept freedom alive. In fact, my father, brother, and best friend both served multiple tours overseas defending America. That being said, it is ridiculous to put all that blame on President Obama simply because of your irrational emotional spectrum.

My point, John, is that before you rant about people not doing their research, you should do some of your own. It's not fair to call for impeaching anybody without any legitimate evidence proving they deserve it.

Works Cited

Brown, Susan. "Unholy Trio: Gun control, the U.N. and Obama." Delaware Online. delawareonline.com, 23 2012. Web. 23 Nov 2012.

Strunsky, Burke E.. "The Gun Control Controversy." Huff Post Politics. The Huffington Post, 09 2012. Web. 23 Nov 2012.

Workman, Dave. "The day after: U.N. moves quickly on global gun control debate." Politics. The Examiner, 07 2012. Web. 23 Nov 2012.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.