Comments

John Milligan 1 year, 9 months ago

This is another occasion where what the people have to abide by the Authority does not...

juju 1 year, 9 months ago

Rain or no rain, the ban exists and I, for one, will follow it until it is lifted.

cory5611 1 year, 9 months ago

Here is a county commissioners that can make a law for everyone but him self to abide by he should have been fined and charged for the call out by the fire dept and sheriff dept that cost us the tax payers for them to go to now thats a whole load of crap

Terrie Barrie 1 year, 9 months ago

Would it be appropriate for the Commissioner to be charged a fee for the fire response team's expenses in lieu of a citation?

Terrie Barrie 1 year, 9 months ago

Cory5611

Seems like the two of us are on the same page for this issue. We are lucky that a real fire didn't develop while the equipment was tied up at the Commissioner's property.

GreyStone 1 year, 9 months ago

Only the “little” people need follow the law, while the rest of us make law. Us big shots are to smart and don’t need a pee on telln us what 2 do.

needstoknow 1 year, 9 months ago

I AGREE with everyone!! We are all just DIRT underneath the LAW an OTHERS that are on boards for comm. an Mayor!!! They do as they please as if we was to do the same we would of got cited or even fined for that matter.. I watched a Craig cop one time (I followed) fly threw town with his lights on just to meet up with another to shoot the crap! hmmmm to bad we all can't do the same.. Try that an see where it gets ya bein a civilian without a BADGE!!! A BUNCH OF CRAP IF YA ASK ME!!!!!!!!

TSnyder 1 year, 9 months ago

“I set a fire, I lit my trash — albeit in a closed container and while it was raining — with absolutely no risk of it spreading,” Gray said. “I violated the letter of the law and I am guilty of that without question. Would I do it again? Absolutely not." He admits guilt to violating the law and yet is not fined? Any expense incurred to the call out should be paid and an apology should be forthcoming to this community for his blatant disregard of the fire ban.

Marilynn Hill 1 year, 9 months ago

Apparently Mr. Gray needs a lesson on fire behavior. Doesn't matter what you clear around your incinerator, it is that errant ember that gets away and lands on your neighbors property. Geez! Finally, I don't understand why he was not cited. Was he burning, yes. Did he have a permit, no. Open and shut case.

Taxpayer 1 year, 9 months ago

Tom Gray made a mistake but he is man enough to write a letter to the community, admitting the mistake, and know he would have to handle the comments from the community too. He stands tall in my book! Thanks for showing the others how a man conducts himself after making a poor decision.

Marilynn Hill 1 year, 9 months ago

@Taxpayer. I agree. I takes a lot to stand up and admit that you were entirely wrong, still does not quiet my thoughts of why he would do it to begin with. Hopefully he learned that no means no; not no means no only when you get caught.

FormerCountyEmployee 1 year, 9 months ago

So this means the fire ban has no teeth. I can BBQ brats on my charcoal grill on my patio without fear of being fined. So if the Sheriff cant find a way to fine the commissioner he cannot fine me either if there are "no possible options" then I am above the law too. BBQ away!

GreyStone 1 year, 9 months ago

We never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.