Comments

David Moore 1 year, 10 months ago

I agree with Maggie, and IMO, the change of venue was long overdue. I took the shuttle, which was as fun and enjoyable as the rest of the day, and ended up being dropped off at JW's to enjoy more music long into the night. The Congress was really good, amazing what three guys can do. I for one am very happy they decided to change the location, not so cramped, no neighborhoods invaded and fun for all....with plenty of shade, something lacking at the park. I did however miss the cookouts at my two good friends' houses within a rocks throw of the park, that was the highlight of the day as we could have fun, eat great food and hear and see the concert clear as a bell...I will miss those fun times for sure. Good job putting on this annual event, I will always attend.

wymtnman 1 year, 10 months ago

I think it was a great event. This is my second year in a row. I really liked the location change and the shuttles were a great idea. Both bands were fantastic and the food was out of this world. It's amazing what these folks can do with a piece of wood. Personally I liked the ship carving the best but all were great. I traveled from SW WY and will continue to attend each year. This is truly a winner that Craig has come up with, thanks

David Moore 1 year, 10 months ago

Oh, the food, forgot about that. The Gyros by the Lions club were out of this world, I shared one with a friend and went back for another. The price was right too and I would have paid more for them. The cheesesteak was awesome, from the Red Rooster, or something like that. I have to admit that this was the first year that there were actually good food choices other than brats and burgers. Well done. Wymtnman, glad you enjoyed it.

irishbrat 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm with both of you...better place, more room, more shade, GREAT food! I no longer stay in town for Grand Olde West Days but I stay in town for the weekend of whittle the wood. I don't have to spend hours looking for everything and/or driving all over town to different events. (I don't go to the car show). Very talented carvers!

DAILYREADER 1 year, 10 months ago

The change to Loudy was a big improvement. more room, more shade, more vendors, and parking seemed to be fine. I'm sure the shuttle was a big help. In my opinion, the only drawback was the carvers being on the road. That left only the north side of the carvers for watching. Not a huge problem, however. Otherwise, everything was great. Super job Dave and crew.

kp81625 1 year, 10 months ago

I have been to this event for many years. I have to say that if you want to go to the park and stay for the day, ok then the move was a success. I really didn't like that if I wanted to go somewhere else, I had to wait for a shuttle or risk losing my parking spot. I ended up staying for the day but got to thinking, what about the non-drought years when the mosquitos are driving everyone nuts. I also made it a point to talk to some of the carvers that have come back year after year. They said that usually they have people stopping by all week long, and this year since they were, "out in the middle of nowhere", their words not mine, they did not have that happen. It is important for them to be seen all week long, as they have a lot more sales that way. I can't believe that the downtown businesses saw much business from this either. I know the car show was down there, but I didn't even go to that as I'm sure other people didn't either.

Jessica Horne 1 year, 10 months ago

My only question is why can't we open the public restrooms onsite? With Lil kids porta jons are pretty tricky. I did like the location though :)

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.