Reader comments

On Descending on dinosaurs

Comments

David Moore 2 years, 6 months ago

I am going to have to go back and check this out now that it is re-built. I remember as a child going to the quarry when they were still digging out bones. Guys up on the wall removing stuff, people in the lab cleaning it and processing it, was all very cool. The camping part I tend to disagree with somewhat, for one I have never camped there but an area devoid of trees does not entice me much. I may have to do some exploring to see what there is. Cool article:)

Melody Villard 2 years, 6 months ago

Great article! Dinosaur National Monument's canyons and scenic overlooks are one of Moffat County's hidden treasures. There is an audio tour for the 32 mile Harper's Corner road that gives history, geology and fun facts along the way. It makes for a very pleasant drive an gives an appreciation of the entire area leading up to the spectacular views waiting at then end of the loop. There is a fairly short hiking trail at the end of the loop that it would be a shame to miss. The audio tour can be purchased at the Museum of Northwest Colorado and the Craig Campground, both in Craig, and the BedRock Depot in Dinosaur. There are also free maps available in the tourism office inside the Centennial Mall. I would encourage everyone to explore this beautiful piece of Moffat County.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.