Comments

leroymcgee 2 years, 6 months ago

Wait, but Mr. Romney told us that thanks to Obama coal was dying in NW Colorado? Oh, that's right. He was pandering. The fact is that coal, natural gas, and oil (along with renewables) are all on the rise region-wide. So much for that...

leroymcgee 2 years, 6 months ago

Not to mention Audrey Danner's recent campaign ads that claim that we "have less control over our natural resources than ever before". What do you say now, Commissioner?

Brian Kotowski 2 years, 6 months ago

“What I've said is we would put a cap and trade policy in place that is as aggressive if not more aggressive than anyone out there. I was the first to call for a 100 percent auction on the cap and trade system. So if somebody wants to build a coal powered plant they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted.”
~ Barack Obama, 1/17/08

"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."
~Barack Obama, 1/17/08

To whom was BHO pandering, Leroy? Or is he just a liar? And if you're unaware of the President's endorsement of the EPA's “Utility MACT” initiative and what it'll do to the coal industry, then you are stunningly ignorant.

We can thank those pandering Repubs, by the way, for killing cap & tax.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.