Comments

Taxpayer 2 years, 6 months ago

It costs $300 a day to use the Hayden facility. So, at $1.5 million, using the existing Hayden training tower, 20 days a year, they could use it for 250 years! And what will the new training tower's operating expenses be annually? Gosh, did someone have a brain freeze or just want to leave a legacy for themselves It would appear that the management at the Craig Rural Fire Department has organizational and scheduling deficiencies. Perhaps a change of management would resolve those problems. Or a removal or lowering of the mill levy might be the next solution. Slam dunks are usually achieved in basketball games! A big Thank You to the CNCC Board!

David Moore 2 years, 6 months ago

Any better than where it was going to be put? Now it's in town, same problems. You think those living in proximity of were it's going to go now want it there? I was all for where it was going to be put because the smoke would have pretty much dissipated by the time it reached town. Now, it's in town. Is this location going to be protested too, or is it being put far away enough from those who protested that it doesn't matter anymore? There are many people who live, shop, learn, work and bowl mere yards away from the new site. Do they not matter? Everyone raised heck about the hospital being affected, one building, not even in the wind direction that most commonly blows around here. Now, it's IN town where it will blanket whole neighborhoods, why are people not raising heck about that?
That's what I am asking. Why is this any better?

Taxpayer 2 years, 6 months ago

I agree, but they own the land and can build there unless the neighbors work to stop it. I think they should use the Hayden training tower, and save the $1.5 expenidure along with the annual operating expenses for it. Another waste of money, taxpayer money for something that is not needed when there is a tower which can be readily used. Thisis what happens when a mill levy isn't sunseted --- and perhaps a lack of leadership or empire building.

Sam Relaford 2 years, 6 months ago

I think a new emercency response center should be built by the hospital. A big building to house a few fire trucks and a ambulance, perhaps a hazmat responce vehicle. It is where 2 highways come together plus the bipass to hwy 13 N. There could be a response several minutes faster from there than in town.

Having the training tower built behind Kmart is better on one hand because it wont be standing out like a sore thumb and wont interfere with the daily activities of the comunity. And it has its short falls such as the smoke David mentioned. However the fire board director stated over and over that the use materials that dont create hazardous or toxic smoke. So I guess pick your evil. I say build it if you absolutely need it. We'll see about the smoke if it happens I guess.

daily 2 years, 6 months ago

Maybe if we all write to the EPA we will get a sensible resolution to this. I understand that asking the feds in is a dangerous move, but my goodness isnt having a officially blessed fire pit in the MIDDLE of town seems to be a health concern at least, Oh yeah i do not believe you can have an open fire and not have smoke, duh.

Jon Pfeifer 2 years, 6 months ago

Isn't the city going to have to approve this? Hopefully the CDP will make it known when that meeting will occur. I would be ok with putting the tower something like 15 miles out of town... but then they'd be building over the tower in Hayden. What a terrible case of government for the government... not the people.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.