Reader comments

On TMH tobacco-free policy revised

Comments

native_craig_guy 2 years, 6 months ago

Maybe they should focus more on developing policies that keep doctors and staff at the hospital, rather than waste their time and money with being smoke cops.... Since the ban is not a law, i am glad that they aren't going to call the cops.... but hey, they said no smoking tobacco.... I am sure that you can still smoke your medicinal herbs and be ok!!!

juju 2 years, 6 months ago

Native_Craig_guy: Were you at the meeting? Did you hear the entire conversation? Do you believe tobacco use is detrimental to human health? Why would you expect a healthcare agency to endorse such a practice by allowing it on the premises?

lonelyone 2 years, 6 months ago

Ok, so they will provide the patch and gum to employees. But what about the patient who smokes. What are they going to do for them. No smoking on hospital grounds means very unhappy and cranky patients and sometimes forcing them to go cold turkey can cause health problems. Yes, laugh if you want to, but I know a couple people who decided to quit and going cold turkey caused them to have other problems. Now I realize we all need to get healthier, myself included. But if I were still a smoker and couldn't smoke up there, in an area reserved for smokers, I'd look at going to a different hospital.

Harlan 2 years, 6 months ago

The Tobacco Taliban has decided that adults are not allowed to make their own choices. It’s very simple. I would also suggest that they remove bacon and other fatty foods from the hospital grounds. Heck, while they are at it, white sugar, soft drinks, and potato chips should be expelled. How can they DARE endorse unhealthy eating habits, or worse yet, feed their own patients that stuff?

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.