Reader comments

On Romney visit cost city $25K

Comments

WrestlinRockies 2 years, 6 months ago

What a waste of money on a lost cause.

Another shining example of despicable leadership in this town.

When we have a failing local education system, are noted as the most un-healthy city/county in the state, and continually bicker about "ECONOMIC CRISIS"....

THEN WTF!!! Spending $25k on this was a downright WASTE!

Do not moan and complain next time there isn't funding for something that is truly needed....and Don't complain when our teachers keep LOOSING MORE AND MORE!

WAKE UP YOU FOOLS!!!!

jenniferhume 2 years, 6 months ago

YOU NEED TO WAKE UP... HOW MANY LAWS ARE YOU GOING TO LET THEM PASS... I DO NOT WANT SOMEONE CONTROLING MY FREEDOMS... ITS TIME TO TAKE BACK CONTROL...WAKE UP WRESTLINROCKIES.....

jd 2 years, 6 months ago

Wrestlin Rockies - you seem angry. Obama provides meds for such conditions....

Terrie Barrie 2 years, 6 months ago

"I do not want someone controling my freedoms...its time to take back control..."

I imagine the First Amendment is one of the freedoms you value.

Would you be upset if someone from the Obama Administration, if not the President himself, came to Craig to deliver a speech on public property and you were not allowed to bring signs that didn't fit in with the "message"?

Would you be upset if you were told that no signs were allowed, yet you find out later that plenty of "on-the-message" signs were prevalent? Would you be upset that you were lied to?

That is exactly what happened to me and my husband. We were told by Romney campaign staff that no signs were allowed. Our signs were not anti-Romney, nor anti-coal, nor anti-anything. It was an attempt to educate Romney on an issue that he will face if he is elected.

Denying us the opportunity to bring our signs in not only prevented Romney of learning about an issue that affects tens of thousands of his potential electorate but also violated my and my husband's right to free speech.

I want to go back to Tuesday morning and take back my freedom and not let someone else control them. But I can't.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.