Comments

Colette Erickson 1 year, 10 months ago

Hope he doesn't have the family dog in a crate tied to the roof of the campaign bus.

Brian Kotowski 1 year, 10 months ago

If Obama ever visits, I hope he doesn't have the family dog working its way through the Presidential colon.

Colette Erickson 1 year, 10 months ago

Awww, c'mon, Brian. Educate yourself, if possible.

Taxpayer 1 year, 10 months ago

And can you believe some of the people selected as leaders of our community - what a farce!

jeff corriveau 1 year, 10 months ago

Am I surprised in Tom Gray's comments? NOT! I mean he's only a two term Republican County Commissioner and he doesn't know where the (presumptive) Republican Presidential candidate stands on the issues!!!! How does a person like that even get elected Commissioner in the first place???

A potted plant would be an improvement over Barack Obama.

Worst. President. Of my lifetime. Quite an achievement, as I never anticipated Jimmy Carter would ever be eclipsed in that regard.

A vote for Ron Paul is a wasted one, and increases the likelihood of the President's re-election.

haveathought 1 year, 10 months ago

Mitt looks a little confused in the photo. "Why am I going to Craig"?

Denise Bagley 1 year, 10 months ago

Brian-- I agree. Voting for Ron Paul is the same as taking a vote from Romney. Ron Paul is not going to win, so why bother; you might as well cast your vote for Obama.

jmed 1 year, 10 months ago

Well, I will always vote the way I see it fit. If everyone thinks that just voting for Ron Paul is taking away a vote from Romney then what would happen if all those people actually voted for Ron Paul? Could it be or would it be possible that Ron Paul would win? Hmmm, what a concept. You should go back to your flocks and tell the rest of the media sheeple that there would be a chance. Ron Paul is taking a ton of delegates lately and GOP chairs.

Jason Phillips 1 year, 10 months ago

"Tears rushed over us."

For a campaign stop?

Ok, Frank Moe, settle down. He's a politician, not the savior.

haveathought 1 year, 10 months ago

I agree a bit with jmed. The reason our political system is nonviable is because there are only two parties. We need a third party to have a more rounded system. Nobody is all Democrat or all Republican. There are more choices out there and we need to vote for them. As for Mitt-- If we are able to ask questions, then I hope we challenge him and not just stroke his agenda.

jmed:

I'm glad you're happy to reside out there on the fringe. It means you've exculded yourself any meaningful national policy decisions.

From Washington-Obama, this country has never elected a President from anything other than one of the two major parties. Ever. The reasons for that have principally to do with the differeces between the two main electoral systems employed by Western representative republics: single-member district pluralities, and proportional representation. It's probably too much to expect Paulians to know which of those is used here, let alone the realities it imposes.

In all of American history, Roosevelt posted the best 3rd-party Presidential election results, garnering 27.4% of the popular vote in 1912. Ross Perot won 18.9% in 1992, and George Wallace 13.5% in 1968.

The only time Ron Paul appeared on all 50 General Election Presidential ballots (in 1988), he won 0.47% of the popular vote. THERE'S an electoral juggernaut for ya.

So I encourage you to write Paul on your November ballot. Support for that nutcase is so anemic, you will have no impact on the election and exert zero influence on the direction of the country.

jmed:

Romney locked up the nomination last night. Only John Huntsman has fewer delegates than Ron Paul. What is it you see Paul doing with his 129 delegates - now that Romney has 1183?

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.