Comments

Becky Plummer 2 years, 7 months ago

I hope everyone that supports a new business opening in Craig shows up in support for Victor Tarango, I know I will be there....

jaxx 2 years, 7 months ago

Good insghts editorial board. I believe that this decision is going to be seen as contoversial no matter what decision is reached. I also wonder if such a business can suceed here. Any new business deserves a chance but the location seems questionable. Good luck City Council.

Jmhoefner 2 years, 7 months ago

I think the statement about Tarango supplying "accurate" information is pertinent to approval. If there are inaccuracies or omissions in the application, then no approval should be given. Honesty in application and honesty in business are inter-related.

New honest businesses applying for approval in Craig are an asset to the business community. Businesses need to be solvent and ethical in order to be an asset to the community. We need to be certain that the businesses that we approve are fiscally responsible and reliable.

I think the city council should read the ordinance thoroughly. Thorough analysis is evidence that Tarango's should not be approved. We need to adhere to our City's ordinances or change them.

The City Council has a "legitimate" reason to say no ---the city ordinance. Just say no....it is what we tell our kids!

Brian Kotowski 2 years, 7 months ago

Integrity isn't everything. Important, certainly. Unfortunately, not everyone has it. That's why those in authority have been granted the discretion to make judgment calls.

The NFL has recently come down hard on the New Orleans Saints. Not because of the infractions committed, but because the Saints lied about it.

The CDP makes an excellent argument. As a matter of law, Tarango should be green lighted. On the other hand, it's an opportunity for the Council to use its discretion to send a message: lie to us, and you can go pound sand. Future applicants might take note.

craignative 2 years, 7 months ago

This night club should not be supported. This man's credibility is at stake. He did not complete an accurate application the first time around. So if he completes it accurately this time, it should be a go? I don't think so!! What else is this guy going to conveinently avoid telling city officials in the future? How do we know when he speaks the truth when he couldn't speak the truth on his application the first time? If you were to lie on a job application, should you be given a second chance at applying again? You absolutely lost your chance the first time you lied. No employer will hire anyone who deliberately lied on an application. If you're a business owner who reads these comments and you support this guy, I challenge you to ask that question.

I am for bringing business to Craig. However, not at the cost of intergrity and honesty. There are plenty of honest hard working people who have ideas or dreams of starting a business that the city should consider first when the situation arises.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.