Comments

Cole White 2 years, 7 months ago

So roughly 160 people exercised their right to vote during this special district election? And the vast majority for the existing board members? Wow!!! From the way people commented online you would have though that there would be 1000 people coming out to vote against the encumbents........Looks like not that many people were upset with the fire district building a new training station.

DougS 2 years, 7 months ago

highway1340, The paper say's only 86 total voters. Pretty sad. Don't know how many voters in the Fire District but it has to be way over 5,000. Lot's of bitching on the forum about wanting change . Looks like it was all talk. Congat's to Byron and Allen.

lonelyone 2 years, 7 months ago

I didn't even know when the election was. Had I known, I'd have been down to vote. I had read a while back that the election was coming up, but didn't mark the date down and since the paper didn't seem to do much on-line advertising of this election, I'm sure many people missed it for that very reason. I'm not saying it's the papers fault for the low turn out, but for some strange reason this election always skates by under the radar and very few show up for it. I would guess too that many of those that voted were Craig firemen!??

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.