Comments

Ryan_Neece 2 years, 5 months ago

I find it strange, that even as you profess a desire to "get your information from a variety of sources," it would seem that the majority of those sources are simply a different version of the "liberal-leaning mainstream media", and instead of endlessly touting liberals or democrats, it endlessly touts republicans and conservatives. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but it does not serve to preach open-mindedness and fairness when your primary information source is from Fox News. You state that "Fact: President Obama is the most liberal president in the history of our nation." To quote popular vernacular, cool story bro. Nobody cares if he is liberal, because it doesn't matter. I'm a liberal; lots of people are liberal. Where's the issue with this? You seem to think that Democrats as a whole, are of the opinion that what happened in the past 3 1/2 years is reprehensible. While this is true for some, I believe that most consider the dramatic changes and events to be an overwhelmingly good thing. You are not quoting facts, you're spewing ill-informed conservative rhetoric (coincidentally, my favorite kind!). To me, and millions of others, "Obamacare", is a really great piece of legislation, allowing those who otherwise have been disenfranchised in a number of different ways to reclaim some of those rights, ie, the right to healthcare that is not predatory, overly expensive, discriminatory, etc. Do a quick google search on it, as you seem to have made up your mind with absolutely no research beyond the opinions of Beck, O'Rielly, and Limbaugh. And yes, for the past several years, a ton of money has been spent. No one is arguing this, but saying it's the Democrats fault is stupid and ignorant. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but before we had President Obama, we had President Bush, who got us into two extremely expensive wars, exacerbated an already weak economy, and began the plunge into the financial situation we find ourselves slowly, despite the supposed efforts of the "Obama and the Democrat-controlled Senate". Oh, by the by, did you know that for a law to pass, it also has to go through not only the Senate, Democrat controlled though it might be, but also the House of Representatives, be affirmed by the President, but also the Supreme Court has to ensure its judiciousness? Crazy, but the Democratic party isn't made up of superheroes! As for a balanced budget amendment, there is a lot of conflict on whether or not it WOULD EVEN BE BENEFICIAL FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. It doesn't make sense to blindly follow something if it doesn't have proven effects, and could potentially be crippling to our economy. So no, we won't consider it; it's not a good idea. While Obama may not have been the best president in the history of ever, he did a damn good job. Compared to Romney, Paul, Santorum or Gringinch, the best choice is pretty obvious.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.