Comments

DAILYREADER 2 years, 7 months ago

YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT SQUARE ON THE HEAD. IF THE TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATORS WISH TO BE TREATED AS PROFESSIONALS AND TREATED WITH RESPECT, THEY SHOULD DRESS AND ACT LIKE PROFESSIONALS.

Marilynn Hill 2 years, 7 months ago

I absolutely agree with Ms. Chase and DailyReader. I am often surprised as to what the kids wear when it gets warmer, but I am old school when it come to dress codes. I too question the dress code of the teachers, but then again I am old school. With that being said, I have been to numerous concerts up at the high school in the last year and watch a number of young men sitting in the front row so they can look up the director's skirt and at the concert in December, a number of fathers were sitting up front taking pictures not of their kids, but of the Director's outfit.

This last December, there were a number of clearly heard gasps from the audience when the Director walked out onto the high school stage in mid-thigh high heel leather boots, black stockings and a short skirt. I thought the chosen attire was more appropriate for the red light district of a large town then that on the stage of a high school holiday presentation. I have talked to a couple dozen people about the choice of the dress and they too thought it was a poor choice because it took away from the kids on stage. Mind you I think a number of our teachers are very talented including the aforementioned teacher, but they should stick to teaching and not showing off their wares, and in the case above, taking away from the presentation of the hard working kids.

My child has said numerous times that they are embarrassed by what the teacher wears, but doesn't want to say anything out of fear of their chances of not getting any more parts in the plays at the high school; obviously high school is already hard enough, so we sit and say nothing.

David Moore 2 years, 7 months ago

I know exactly what you are talking about. I am tired of scrutinizing every single item of clothing my daughter wears to school. She is not provocative and is not someone that thrives on showing skin or otherwise. Just today she was reprimanded because her bra strap was visible through her shirt. I cannot count the times I have had to leave work and take her some other article of clothing because what she had on showed something, barely, that someone deemed inappropriate. Material is thin nowadays, she works hard every morning to wear appropriate clothing only to have a teacher or principal tell her that what she has on is not appropriate. I approve of what she wears, why are their opinions so much more important than mine....and I am a very protective father? I cannot wait until she is out of that school.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.